QR Droid is a complete QR Code scanner, QR decoder, QR Code generator and shopping assistant for your Android smartphone.
It’s the most full-featured QR processor available. If you’re not familiar with QR Codes yet, please read this to get more information
QR Droid (Android) and Zapper Scanner (iPhone) - collectively QR Droid Zapper - allows you to read QR Codes using your smartphone’s camera. Just select the 'Scan' tab and point it to a QR Code. You can scan in both landscape and portrait modes, and can even scan mirrored images! (Images appear mirrored in some devices when the front camera is used) Read more information here.
If you frequently use the QR scan feature, you can access it immediately by creating a shortcut or widget, as described here (shortcuts and widgets available on QR Droid only - not currently supported by iOS).
If you have a QR Code saved in your device as an image, or if you just have the URL address of a QR Code, QR Droid and Zapper Scanner can decode it too!
Click here to read more about the QR decoder.
Create Custom QR Codes
After you create a QR Code, QR Droid enables you to give it any color you want, and even embed an image, such as your company's logo!
Check out this custom QR Code:
A short link pointing to generated image is also available. The image above generated this short URL: http://qrdroid.com/q0zz
- **NEW** Widgets: QR Droid allows you to place widgets (e.g. clocks, history, my QR Code business card, action toolbar) on your home screen, so you can access your most frequently used functions with a single tap, without even entering the application. Best-selling widgets are available in QR Droid as well as in the new QR Droid Widgets app. Learn more here. Widgets are not supported on iOS.
- Shortcuts: QR Droid allows you to create shortcuts in your Home screen, so you can access your most frequently used features with a single tap. Learn more here. Shortcuts are not supported on iOS.
- History: QR Droid and Zapper Scanner keep a history of every code you've scanned, decoded or generated. You can browse and search that history, generate a QR Code from it, and open and view its result.
- Export: You can also export or save your QR Code history as a CSV file (QR Droid only, coming soon to Zapper Scanner).
- Integration: QR Droid and Zapper Scanner integrate with your browser, photo gallery, most third party file explorers, your contacts app, Google maps and more, to decode and generate QR Codes instantly.
- Sharing: QR Droid and Zapper Scanner let you share your contact information optically, with one zap of your phone (literally)! Read how to do it here.
- Social Sharing: QR Droid and Zapper Scanner let you share your QR Codes via email, Facebook and Twitter.
Shop with QR Codes
Shop smarter when you shop with QR Codes. Scan a retail product's barcode and search it with Google Shopper, Amazon or Google Product Search. Read a review, compare prices and then buy it with a zap of your phone!
QR Code Generator
Do you want to share something optically from your device in an instant? Just generate a QR Code from the data you want to share and display the resultant image. The other person—using any QR Code scanner on their smartphone (although we recommend QR Droid and Zapper Scanner!)—can then scan it directly from your screen. It's that fast. QR Droid and Zapper Scanner can generate codes from:
- Contacts: QR Droid and Zapper Scanner let you browse and search any of your contacts. After you've selected one, you can choose exactly which information to share. To let you create QR Codes from your contacts, QR Droid and Zapper Scanner require access to your contacts in your device. Your information and contacts are not shared with anyone and are treated as highly confidential. Please click here to read more about it. Alternatively, you can try "QR Droid Private" (Android only) which doesn't require access to your contacts, however this feature is no longer available.
- Bookmarks: You can browse your bookmarks, as well as browser history, and share its URL as a QR Code. Special permissions are required for this feature where appropriate.
- Apps: Browse and search any app installed on your device and instantly generate a QR Code with a link to the Google Play store for that app (Android only).
- Geo-locations: Share your own location, or any location in the world. Help others find your upcoming event, a favorite store, or other location-based information.
- Events: Share calendar items and other event-related data. You can even use the QR Code generator to create a link to a gift registry!
- Messaging: You can share any phone number, email, SMS or text you wish by creating a QR Code representing the information.
QR Droid and Zapper Scanner are completely free to download, and are ad-free as well.
All features are fully enabled without any donation and registration is not required!
We would appreciate if you would rate QR Droid (Google Play Store) and Zapper Scanner (Apple App Store) and leave a review.